As per Statista, the number of mobile phone users in India may reach a whopping 442 million by 2022. With the gadgets in our hands, the information is always on our fingertips. A lot of students are now more and more technology-driven and wish to pursue some specialized and niche courses offered by a few selected institutions in the country. JEE Main can get you admission in such institutions. This article will include details about the JEE Main exam along with Mobile Technology colleges and its details.
B.Tech or BCA in Mobile Application & Information Security is one such course that trains the students in mobile technologies and information that involves security policy requirements.
- This is a four-year graduation course that you can take admission in after JEE Mains which targets training students for particular business needs.
- Some special skills in software development are applied in mobile application development.
- The average fee charged for this course is Rs 1,00,000 per annum.
- The eligibility criteria include at least 50% aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects to pursue this course along with the qualifying marks in JEE Main.
- Mobile Application & Information Security Engineers generally begin their careers with an average salary of Rs 2,50,000 per annum. The salary increases with experience of 3 – 5 years.
JEE Main is a national level entrance test conducted by NTA which offers admission into various BE/B.Tech colleges throughout the country including all IITs, NITs and other reputed colleges. The colleges which offer these courses also consider JEE Mains as their primary eligibility for admission.
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Type of Questions: 60 MCQs and 15 Numerical Value Based Questions
- Number of Questions: 25 each in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Marking Scheme: Correct Ans: +4, Incorrect Ans: -1, No negative for numerical value-based questions
- Total Duration: 3 hours
- Total Marks: 300 marks
JEE Main Eligibility
- No upper age limits.
- Candidates can give JEE Main exam for consecutive 3 years.
- Candidates who have qualified 12th or equivalent exam in the preceding or current year of JEE Main.
- Candidates must have scored 75 percent in 10+2 in science subjects.
JEE Main Syllabus
- Unit 1- Sets, relations, and functions
- Unit 2- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Unit 3- Matrices and determinants
- Unit 4- Permutations and combinations
- Unit 5- Mathematical induction
- Unit 6- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Unit 7- Sequences and series
- Unit 8- Limit, continuity, and differentiability
- Unit 9- Integral calculus
- Unit 10- Differential equations
- Unit 11- Coordinate geometry
- Unit 12- Three-dimensional geometry
- Unit 13- Vector algebra
- Unit 14- Statistics and probability
- Unit 15- Trigonometry
- Unit 16- Mathematical reasoning
- Unit 1- Physics And Measurement
- Unit 2- Kinematics
- Unit 3- Laws Of Motion
- Unit 4- Work, Energy, and Power
- Unit 5- Rotational Motion
- Unit 6- Gravitation
- Unit 7- Properties Of Solids And Liquids
- Unit 8- Thermodynamics
- Unit 9- Kinetic Theory Of Gases
- Unit 10- Oscillations And Waves
- Unit 11- Electrostatics
- Unit 12- Current Electricity
- Unit 13- Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism
- Unit 14- Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Currents
- Unit 15- Electromagnetic Waves
- Unit 16- Optics
- Unit 17- Dual Nature Of Matter And radiation
- Unit 18- Atoms And Nuclei
- Unit 19- Electronic Devices
- Unit 20- Communication Systems
- Unit 1- Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry
- Unit 2- States Of Matter
- Unit 3- Atomic Structure
- Unit 4- Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure
- Unit 5- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Unit 6- Solutions
- Unit 7- Equilibrium
- Unit 8- Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry
- Unit 9- Chemical Kinetics
- Unit10- Surface Chemistry
Section B – Inorganic Chemistry
- Unit 11- Classification Of Elements And Periodicity
- Unit 12- General Principles and Processes Of Isolation Of Metals
- Unit 13- Hydrogen
- Unit 14- S-Block Elements (Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Unit 15- P-Block Elements
- Unit 16- D-Block & F-Block Elements
- Unit 17- Coordination Compounds
- Unit 18- Environmental Chemistry
Section C- Organic Chemistry
- Unit 19- Purification And Characterization Of Organic Compounds
- Unit 20- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Unit 21- Hydrocarbons
- Unit 22- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Unit 23- Organic Compound, Containing Oxygen Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Carboxylic Acids
- Unit 24- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Unit 25- Polymers
- Unit 26- Biomolecules
- Unit 27- Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Unit 28- Principles Related To Practical Chemistry
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates & Notifications
Here is the list of events for JEE Main 2020 (April Session):
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Examination
- Registration Begins: 7th Feb 2020
- Registration Ends: 12th Mar 2020
- Last Date for Application Fee Submission: 12th Mar 2020
- Application Form Correction: 1st Apr – 3rd May 2020 (Extended)
- Availability of Admit Cards: Post- 17th May 2020
- Examination Dates: 18th July- 23rd July 2020
- Announcement of Results: To be Announced
Course Features – B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security
The below points refer to the major highlights of this course:
- Course Name: B.Tech- Mobile Application and Information Security
- Stream: Science (PCM)
- Duration of the course: 4 years
- Average course fee: INR 1,00,000 per annum
- Sectors of employment: Software companies
- Average entry-level Salary: INR 3,24,000 – INR 4,24,000
- Entrance Exam: JEE Main
About the course – B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security
This special course trains the students in mobile technologies along with information security system features. The students are taught about the latest architectures and technologies that are helpful in developing a mobile application with all the suitable attributes. Students are also trained on advanced network technologies, that support the upper layers followed by security, management, and proper planning. The course has a customized structure that allows the students to gain ample practical hands-on, which helps them to build specific software and mobile gaming designs.
Who should opt- B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security?
The course is ideal for candidates who are interested in the science of mobile equipment and have a passion for cellular technologies. There will be a great deal of technology involved and hence, the students who like to learn new technologies and are interested in working on the latest software can apply for this niche course. The students who want to opt for this course should have a science background with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized educational board in India. The entry in these courses is through the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main).
Course Duration– B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security is a four-year course, comprising eight semesters while BCA in Mobile Application is a 3 years course. There are different subjects available which cover all the aspects of the learning of this course. After learning this course, students can master and contribute to developing real mobile applications.
Best colleges offering the course- B.Tech or BCA in Mobile Application and Information Security
Below are the top institutes in the country (rank wise) that you can apply to after giving JEE Main for this course:
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (Chennai): INR 1,04,800 per year.
- Jain University (Bangalore): INR 1,69,375 per year.
- Poornima University (Jaipur): INR 1,12,000 per year.
- U.V. Patel College of Engineering (Gujarat): INR 82,000 per year.
Eligibility & Admission Process – Mobile Application and Information Security
- The applicant should have passed the 12th exam through any recognized Board with at least 50% marks.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics should be selected as main subjects.
- The admission process involves clearing the JEE Main exam with at least 75-80% marks to be considered for the admission process.
Career Prospects- B.Tech in Mobile Application and Information Security
Below listed are some of the major job opportunities available for the graduates after taking admission to the course through JEE Main:
- Malware Analyst
- Data Centre Technician
- Database Manager–IT Security
- Network and Database
- Junior Cyber Forensic Analyst
- Sr. Information Security Officer
- Junior Penetration Tester
- Data Centre Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Manager – IT Security
- Sr. Malware Analyst
Some of the top recruiters in this industry are mentioned below with the designation-
- Cognizant: Developer
- Rovio Entertainment Ltd: Mobile game developer
- Gameloft SA: Mobile game developer
- Kabam Inc.: Mobile game developer
Students can also pursue higher studies like M.Tech or MBA after completing this graduation course.
After completing the course successfully, the graduates can join as Trainee Engineers with an initial salary of Rs 20,000 – Rs 25,000 per month. However, with more experience, the salary figure rises. Below mentioned are some of the job positions with salaries (annual) after graduating in this course:
- Information Security Manager (0-5 years): INR 5,36,000
- Mobile Application Software Engineer (0-3 years): INR 4,72,000
- Technical Architect (8-10 years): INR 12,65,000
- Sr. Software Programmer (0-2 years): INR 3,50,000
Syllabus Overview- Mobile Application and Information Security
Here is the list of some core subjects that are taught in this course. If you are passionate about this course, you can get admission after qualifying JEE Main exam.
- Java programming
- Database management system
- Internet technology
- Computer architecture
- Compiler design
- Operating system
- Mobile application development
- Computer networks
- Android and iOS programming
- Mobile OS architecture
- Network architecture
- Server administration
- Server-side scripting
- Cloud scripting
- Communication skills
- Lab work
- Project work
You can pursue this course if you are inclined towards IT and desire to pursue mobile technology as a career option. You can achieve great heights by excelling in the technology-led world with this course under your belt.